Friday, October 7, 2011

I Signed Up for What?

While it may seem that everyone from Oprah to Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers has done a marathon, it's still a formidable check on bucket list. It takes a huge amount of courage to sign up for the marathon, but after you shell out the money and take the plunge, there's a moment of "oh shit, what did I just commit to?!"

Well never fear: If you are running a spring marathon, be it Vermont City Marathon or another spring classic, start tuning into the Run Down, where I'll be guest blogging through the fall, winter and spring about all sorts of issues related to the marathon from picking a training plan and a running shoe, to surviving the winter doldrums. I'll still be blogging here as well, including lots of entries on my own path from here to VCM 2012.

As John "the Penguin" Bingham says, "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." Signing up is the start of an incredible experience. Like most things worth doing, the marathon has its ups and downs, but I don't know many people who have completed one who wished they hadn't. So be courageous. Sign up to run a spring marathon, then tune in here and on the RunDown for everything you'll need from start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment