Tuesday, July 27, 2010

(Almost) 16 Weeks Post-Op


It seems inconceivable, but tomorrow will mark 16 weeks post-op for me.  16 weeks ago, I was eating my last big meal and talking about what life was going to be like without pain and pressure.  I assumed I'd be running by June and back to rebuilding by now.  As we all know, the best laid plans...

Despite the setbacks and frustrations, I will say that my scars are looking great.  Although they still seem huge and grotesque to me, friends assure me that in fact, you almost don't notice them.  While I generally think they are humoring me, the scars have certainly flattened out.

Lateral Incision

Medial Scar (this one has really improved recently)


2 comments:

  1. They're certainly very neat and straight :P Your surgeon was kind to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd take crooked and fixed over neat and straight but thank you :)

    ReplyDelete