Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Decision 2011

While I'm no King James, I've been wrestling with what my next target race should be. I have a little less than 2 years before medical school, during which time I would really like to get my Trials standard. I'm operating under the assumption that for at least the first two years of medical school, the only running I'll be doing is between the library and my bed. 

I want a course that is tough enough to benefit my tough-it-out style. I want a course with great crowd support. I want a race morning that is easy and predictable. I want to know every uphill, downhill and flat between mile 1 and 26. In short, I want to control every variable except for the weather. I loved City of Oaks with its quad busting hills, but hated running alone for 8 miles. I hated pretty much everything about Vegas. Boston was a brutal course with unbelievable support. So what's a girl to do when she wants to make big strides (well, little ones if you've ever seen me run) towards a Trials standard?

Man, this is very tough. My heart will always be around Vermont. This Spring, I'll be taking my talents to the Vermont City Marathon on May 27th, 2012.

Want to join me on an epic weekend in Burlington? Registration opens tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. And we couldn't be more thrilled that you chose us, Sarah. We'll be with you every step of the way.
    --Leandre (KeyBank Vermont City Marathon)

    ReplyDelete