Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Surfacing


Grades are posted. I’ve had 5 good nights of sleep. I went grocery shopping and got in a few runs longer than the 30 minutes I've been living on. All in all, I’m starting to feel like a human again. It’s not an experience I’d like to repeat, but Organic Chemistry is successfully completed.

In other news, it’s been a big summer for me as a runner! I got a shiny new 5K PR at Clarence DeMar on a hot, humid morning.  I survived the Stowe 8 Miler both as a runner and as the incoming Team Racing Coordinator for GMAA. I was hired as the Assistant Cross Country Coach at Mount Mansfield Union High School, an opportunity about which I am extremely excited. And here you thought that I was just in the library…

One major downside of my summer is that my mileage was stuck around 35 miles a week. While I’m grateful to have fit that in, I’m heading into August with a lot of base building to do. As a result, I don’t think I’ll be racing a fall marathon, but will instead focus on getting into shape with Vermont City Marathon as my next big goal race. The upside is that it’s August, and I’m not injured. As many of us can attest, sometimes being uninjured is an enormous accomplishment.

So what else is new from the past 8 weeks? Anyone have a PR to brag about? A funny running story? Race plans firmed up for the fall?

So happy to be back.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment