Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wish Me Luck!

Saw my PT this morning and he didn't like what he saw from my leg.  There is definitely some abnormal swelling, edema in the ankle and bulging veins behind the knee.  Based on this, he put a call into the surgeon to see me earlier than next Tuesday.  I head over to Dr. Slauterbeck's tomorrow afternoon to have him take a look.

Since my symptomatic run, my leg feels like there is a blood pressure cuff on it, much like it did before surgery.  Those with CECS know how uncomfortable the pressurized feeling is.  However, foam rolling helps relieve some pressure, at least temporarily.  This turn of events makes me hopeful that some soft tissue work may help relieve these symptoms.

I'll update more tomorrow after my appointment.  Send good running vibes my way (not that anyone really wants to be running in this heat right now).

2 comments:

  1. Good luck and I'll keep my fingers crossed for good news from the surgeon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah, I found your blog right around the time of your surgery and I've been following it ever since. I was diagnosed with CECS (deep posterior in both legs) 8 years ago. I didn't have the surgery then b/c I wasn't ready and I was 17 at the time. I'm now revisiting the issue b/c I haven't played any sports or run for the sake of running in 8 years (I can run only 2 minutes before the pressure is unbearable). I've been meaning to write you about the foam roller b/c that's the ONLY thing that seems to take the pressure down. I'm glad to see you've found it too! I'm so sorry to read what's happened in the past few days for you; my heart just sank when I read it. I'll be thinking about you and good luck

    ReplyDelete