Saturday, May 28, 2011

Almost Famous

As nervous as I am for tomorrow, I was almost as nervous for this article to come out. I've done interviews before, but never a free-flowing, running interview. I wasn't sure what I'd said, if I was coherent or if I said anything offensive. Not to mention, what picture was used. So when I woke up yesterday, I took a deep breath and clicked on the Burlington Free Press and...not too bad.

It's a great picture of Jen and I, with Joe peering over out shoulders. Jen actually has compartment syndrome as well, so it's doubly appropriate to share here. The article is great too; informative, interesting and full of wisdom from people like Jack Pilla and Bob Sullivan. In fact, it's a lot like the group of pacers I have the pleasure of running with tomorrow. Together, we have run hundreds of marathons and ultramarathons, hold course records, are below national standards for our age groups and represent the beauty of running: we hold day jobs, but are superheroes on the weekends.

I'm excited/nervous/proud to be part of the pacing team tomorrow. Huge thanks to Skirack and Mizuno for making it possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment