Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I'm Here, I'm Here

Lest you think I didn't pen "write blog entries" into my calendar and thus totally forgot, I didn't. It's just that between then and now, I had a funeral and 24 inches of snow to contend with. The upside is that my back and wrists are stronger than they've ever been in a marathon cycle, thanks to some excellent shoveling on Monday. I also got in some BAMF runs, running back and forth on the same stretch of road on Monday and Tuesday. I really hope this is our last storm.

My blog entry for today actually links to another blog I'm writing for, RunVermont's The RunDown. As a pacer for the 4:15 group, today is my big, official introduction for the Vermont City Marathon in May. Click on over there to read more about Howard (my pacing buddy) and me. While you're there, check out a story on my friend E, running her first marathon (I just tweeted at her that we were famous today!), stories from other area runners and great advice from area coaches and physical therapists. In short, you should bookmark The RunDown right next to the bookmark for this blog.

Run (and shovel) on.
~S

(A sad aside, thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Sally Meyerhoff, a former Duke runner who was incredibly talented and a likely Olympic contender. She was killed on her bike yesterday, a scary reminder to all of us of our vulnerability as pedestrians. Please, be careful with high snowbanks and unplowed sidewalks. Run, bike and walk defensively.)

No comments:

Post a Comment