Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Whine Wednesday

I intended to get a picture of Camel's Hump at sunrise from my run this morning. Instead, I was Sarah and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Run. Everything hurt, my nose was frozen and I slipped 9 million times. So I let myself whine. For the whole run. And by the time I got home, I felt better. In so doing, I decided that today will be our whine day. Our day to complain about the aches and pains, about the pains in the ass and whatever else you want to complain about. Write it down, throw it in the fire below and watch it burn.

So here's my whine for the day:
*What the f*ck is with the sidewalks in Burlington right now? They are either unplowed or frozen, slippery, rutted messes. I know we got a lot of snow. I know DPW is doing their best. But I'm still left with the option of leaping over leftover mess pushed into the sidewalks, running in the roads or the treadmill.  What happened to a pedestrian friendly city? What happened to being green?  I walk to work, which saves gas, traffic and a UVM parking spot. As a result, I've been playing Frogger with cars for a week.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, into the fire it goes:
That feels wayyyyyyy better.

Whine On. Run On.

S

1 comment:

  1. Thats effing annoying. Im terrified the roof is going to collapse too.

    ReplyDelete